FIND YOUR MEASUREMENT WITH OUR RING SIZE CHART
Our ring sizer works just like a belt in determining your actual ring finger size. Simply form a loop around your finger and push one end through the buckle. Slip the ring sizer through your finger and adjust it until it fits perfectly. Make sure it fits snugly and is able to slip through the knuckle of that finger comfortably. Lastly, read off the size from our Ring Size Chart to determine your ring size. With the help of our ring sizer guide, it will be much easier to find the correct fit for your diamond ring, engagement ring, or wedding band.
Importance of finding the right ring finger sizeIt doesn’t matter if you are getting a ring for a special occasion, or if you just want to gift it to somebody out of mere appreciation; you must have wanted to see the recipient wearing the ring given comfortably and with pride! Hence why it’s important for you to get the right size of the ring before purchasing it so that the recipient can wear it comfortably—even make it their everyday kind of jewellery! Read more to know how to measure your or the recipient's ring finger size! Ring Size Chart
Helpful Tips & Tricks
1. Cold conditions can cause your fingers to shrink up to half a size, so it is best to take your ring size measurement at normal room temperature.
2. Alcohol and salt can cause your fingers to swell, so it is best to avoid consuming these before measuring your ring size.
3. Our dominant hand is usually slightly larger, so make sure to measure the exact finger that you wish to wear the ring on, for maximum accuracy.
4. The best time to measure your finger is at the end of the day, as our finger tends to change its size throughout the day.
5. If your knuckle is larger than average, order half a size larger than what your finger alone implies!
6. Consider the shape of your finger: knotted fingers, where the knuckle is the widest point, need a ring that can fit over the knuckle but won't move around at the base; but tapered fingers, where the base of the finger is wider, would probably want a tight fit ring to prevent it from falling off.
7. Measure your ring size 3-4 times against our chart to make sure you get the correct fit!
HOW TO MEASURE RING SIZE
Sometimes, it can be a petty task to get an accurate measurement of your or your recipient’s ring size. While making an appointment at a jewellery store and having your measurements taken there might be the safest approach, you must not want to ruin a surprise if you’re planning on one! Therefore, here are a few methods you can try at home so you can measure your or the recipient’s ring size!
MEASURE AN EXISTING RING
- Choose a ring that you or the recipient often wear without any complaints about the size of the ring
- Draw an outline of the inner circumference of the ring on a piece of paper. You can then either measure it now or later!
- Or, you can place the ring on a size guide that can show you the equated diameter in millimetres (mm) and the size number of the ring
MEASURE WITH A STRING OR FLOSS
- Take a length of floss or string and wrap it around the base of your finger
- Mark where the floss or string overlaps with a pen
- Stretch the length of the string out along a ruler or a measuring tape, and jot down the length in millimetres (mm)
- Use the ring size chart to compare your measurements to the standard ring sizes
Tip: Remember not to pull the string or floss too taut as they can stretch and lead to inaccurate measurements!
CONSULT AN INTERNATIONAL RING SIZE GUIDE
- Get the circumference of the ring right in millimetres (mm)
- Refer to an international ring size guide which you can easily find online!
SURPRISING WITH A RING? HERE’S A TIP!A helpful method if you are surprising someone with a ring is to measure an existing ring of theirs. Here are the steps:
- Choose a ring that already fits their finger well. It is recommended that you choose a ring that is often worn by them without complaints.
- Measure the interior diameter of the ring in millimeters (mm).
- Use the ring size chart above to match the actual size of their ring to the closest SK Jewellery size in mm.
While this method is ideal for purchasing a ring as a gift for a loved one, you can also use this as an alternative option to measuring your ring size.View Ring Size Chart
FREE 30-DAY RESIZE POLICY
If you need to resize your ring, we provide complimentary* resizing for diamond rings, engagement rings, and wedding bands – depending on the type of style and design. If you wish to find out more about resizing, book an appointment with us to find out more, or pop by any of our SK Jewellery Showrooms in Malaysia for assistance.
*Note: Complimentary ring resizing is applicable only up to 3 ring sizes for selected designs. For more information, please reach out to us.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ring Size Charts and Guides
Ring size charts can vary as they are based on the average finger diameters of men and ladies in a specific country or region. Our ring size measurement chart and guide is based on Hong Kong standard sizing which is the default standard in most Asian countries, including Malaysia.
To help you find the best fit for your unique ring finger, our ring size chart includes international conversions so you can convert any known ring size to SK Jewellery’s range of ring sizes. Find your dream diamond ring, engagement ring, wedding bands, and more at SK Jewellery.
While we offer a wide range of ring sizes across our collections, it’s still very common for your actual ring size measurement to fall in between two sizes on our chart. If this is the case, you should order the larger size. This is primarily for safety reasons so that you don’t experience your ring getting stuck on your finger.
You can also book an in-person consultation with us to have your ring finger measured at our Showrooms.
Ideally, a ring should fit comfortably on the finger, neither too tight not too loose. It should be able to slide over the knuckle with a tiny resistance but it should not feel overly tight once it’s in place, Aperfectly fit ring should also be easy to remove when desired.